The Chicago Sixteen-inch Softball Hall of Fame Welcomes Your Vote for the Class of 2017 Inductees.
Please vote for the nominee(s) in the era with which you are familiar. Join us in celebrating their induction at the 22nd Annual Awards Dinner at the Drury Lane in Oak Brook Terrace on Saturday April 7, 2018. Only one vote per person. Voting ends October 23, 2017.
Click here to read each nominees bio.
To send in your vote fill out this form and send to Rachell Entler.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can you nominate someone or a team to be inducted? Fill out the nomination form pages and submit with a photo to Rachell Entler
7501 W. Harrison St.
Forest Park, IL 60130
Office 708-366-7500 Ext 17.
2. How is someone selected to HOF? Once a nomination form is received it is reviewed by the appropriate committee. The committee who is from that era select the people to be considered to be voted on. The public votes online or can mail in. Hall of Fame inductees vote separately and their input is considered more valuable than the public. Final approval is made by the HOF Board.
3. How is a team selected for the HOF? Nominations are made to the Hall of Fame and the Board selects the teams.
4. How can I volunteer to help? Contact Ron Kubicki or Rachel Entler as to what you would like to do.
5. How long are people allowed on the ballot? if a person is not selected on over 2 years to be inducted they are removed from list, they can be added again.
6. Can you be nominated if still playing? Yes if you are at least 50 years old.
7. I have memorabilia for the museum, what do I do to offer it? Advise Al Maag, email@example.com what you have first to determine if it will be considered. The museum is not big so we do not want items that will not be used. We do love to get jerseys of teams.
8. If I buy a brick, when will be placed in the park? All bricks are placed in ground the third week of July, in time for our inductee day program the Sunday before the Forest Park Invitational Tournament when the plaques of each inductee is unveiled. A ball game is played afterwards by the legends of the game.