We are always looking for news articles, photos and videos documenting games played.
Please send to:
Chicago 16 inch Softball Hall of Fame
7501 Harrison Street
Forest Park, IL 60130
Phone: 708-366-7500 cell 708-768-1668
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can you nominate someone or a team to be inducted? Fill out the nomination form pages and submit with a photo to Rachell Entler at our Hall of Fame address in Forest Park.
2. How is someone selected to HOF? Once a nomination form is received it is reviewed by the appropriate committee. The committee who is from that era select the people to be considered to be voted on. The public votes online or can mail in. Hall of Fame inductees vote separately and their input is considered more valuable than the public. Final approval is made by the HOF Board. For complete information please click http://16inchsoftballhof.com/nominate/
3. How is a team selected for the HOF? Nominations are made to the Hall of Fame and the Board selects the teams.
4. How can I volunteer to help? Contact Ron Kubicki or Rachell Entler as to what you would like to do.
5. How long are people allowed on the ballot? if a person is not selected on over 2 years to be inducted they are removed from list, they can be added again.
6. Can you be nominated if still playing? Yes if you are at least 50 years old.
7. I have memorabilia for the museum, what do I do to offer it? Advise Rachell Entler at email@example.com what you have first to determine if it will be considered. The museum is not big so we do not want items that will not be used. We do love to get jerseys of teams.
8. If I buy a brick, when will be placed in the park? All bricks are placed in ground the third week of July, in time for our inductee day program the Sunday before the Forest Park Invitational Tournament when the plaques of each inductee is unveiled. A ball game is played afterwards by the legends of the game.
9. Why was Forest Park selected? The HOF looked for over a dozen years at a variety of sites. In most cases the cost was too high. Forest Park director, Larry Piekarz offered this location and a small old building being used for kids painting classes. The park trustees loved the idea and offered the property for $1. The HOF has received tremendous support from FP Mayor Calderone and the community…an easy decision.
Submit questions to Rachell Entler.